The CBM provides its members with research solutions in a variety of areas, including:
- Ultrahigh sensitivity assays for trace-level biomarkers and impurities;
- Discrimination between large biomolecules and their multi-molecule complexes;
- Reduced volume/materials analysis and experimentation at high throughput and productivity;
- Analysis of rare/extremely dilute cells/molecules/exosomes, etc.;
- Massively parallel approaches to chemical cytometry, genetic profiling, and panel screening;
- Online and near-line in situ measurements;
- Point-of-use analysis, companion diagnostics, and inexpensive testing in the field;
- Artificial intelligence-driven instrumentation, feedback optimization, and "driverless" instruments; and
- Enhanced imaging of cells, organisms, and chemical processes.
As the CBM advances, this page will highlight specific projects funded each cycle by the center's Industry Advisory Board.